Uthaimeen on a Person Who Eats While Being Doubtful as to Whether Fajr Has Emerged
August 5, 2012 § 1 Comment
Shaikh Uthaimeen, may Allaah have mercy on him, said, “The fast of a person who eats something while being doubtful as to whether fajr has emerged is correct, and this can be of five types:
1) That he is sure that fajr has not emerged in which case his fast is correct.
2) That he is sure that fajr has emerged in which case his fast is spoiled.
3) That he eats while being doubtful as to whether fajr has begun or not and he thinks that it is more likely that it has not, such a person’s fast is correct.
4) That he eats and drinks while thinking that fajr is emerging, here his fast is also correct.
5) That he eats and drinks whilst having an uncertainty which does not give him a view as to which is more likely, in this case his fast is correct.”
Ash-Sharh al-Mumti, vol. 6, pp. 394-395.